This problem can occur after you update Norton Antivirus. To fix the problem, restart the system.
Restart the computer
- Exit all the programs.
- Restart the computer.
If the problem persists, go to Step 2.
Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
Note: If Norton Family installed in your system, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall
Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl+ J
- Double-click the NRnR
- Read the license agreement, and click Agree.
- Click Remove & Reinstall.
- Click Continue or Remove.
- Click Restart Now.
After the system restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.
If you face any difficulty in doing any of the steps, then you should contact Norton Antivirus Support Number for immediate assistance.